Help - General Management App
The General Management App empowers managers with real-time insights into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provides an overview of the actions and events that have influenced the KPIs in the past or will affect them in the future. This application has been developed in 3 parts, utilizing the capabilities of Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate and SharePoint.
The initial section comprises a standard Microsoft scorecard, providing the ability to gain a real-time overview of key performance indicators (KPIs). It includes features that notify you instantly when a KPI undergoes a change.
The second section comprises detailed pages for each Key Performance Indicator (KPI), displaying its trend along with associated actions and events. Users have the flexibility to filter the data according to their requirements, allowing them to view the results directly on the detailed page.
The final section provides the capability to add actions and events that influence your KPIs. In this section you can identify the actions or events that have impacted or will impact specific KPIs in the future. Additionally, you can determine the level of impact/benefit, the cost associated with actions, the probability of events occurring, the affected category or market, the start time of the action or event, and a plethora of other specifics tailored to your organization’s requirements.
- Overview: This section provides a real-time overview of all KPIs in a scorecard format.
- Notifications: Stay informed with instant notifications when a KPI undergoes significant changes.
- Details: Users can navigate to the KPIs details page to observe the trends for each KPI and explore the corresponding actions and events influencing each metric. Unfortunately, there is no direct way to connect the KPIs to the Details Page before the App is published in AppSource, but you can do it yourself. This template now provides a great example of a proof-of-concept on how General Management App can look when configured in a model in Power BI, but there isn’t a way to “one-click” add your data into this AppSource template.
- Filtering: Use filters to tailor the view to specific KPIs or criteria.
- Visuals: Analyse trends, market divisions, product types, and product lines through various charts and visuals. Also, t
- The list of actions and events that influence each KPI.
- Insights: Gain insights into actions affecting KPIs.
- Categories: See the distribution of actions based on benefit and cost.
- Filtering: Employ filters to customize the view and focus on specific actions influencing the KPIs.
- Insights: View detailed insights into events impacting KPIs.
- Categories: Observe the number of events in each category based on impact and likelihood.
- Filtering: Employ filters to customize the view and focus on specific events influencing the KPIs.
How can I use General Management APP for my organization?
General Management App is designed with a fundamental understanding that each organization is unique, particularly in how it measures success and performance. Also, we have used a combination of several tools such as Power BI, Power APP and Power automate to create the app. This uniqueness and complexity are why there isn’t a way to “one-click” add your data into this AppSource template, also cannot be universally applied to all organizations without customization. Please consider this to now be a showcase demo, and if you’re interested in any custom development to create an APP like this for your organization, please contact us.
What do I need to provide for the implementation?
You can contact us, and we will send you the required information. But totally You need to have Power BI, Power APP, Power Automate and SharePoint licenses. We can provide guidance for the best licensing options as part of the implementation.
Will the data be hosted in your environment?
No, all data will be hosted in your own environment.
Will data be secure?
Yes, in addition to the APP, Authentication and authorization verification, data encryption and security at row-level (RLS) will be implemented to enable setting up access for each user/role.
Is there a dependency on the vendor after the implementation?
No. The solution is based on Power Platform – which is a cloud-based service by Microsoft. There is no dependency on any other platform or software, but you need to have the necessary licenses from Microsoft.